Work for us
Vacancy: Team Assistant
Contract type: Permanent
Reporting to: Finance Manager and Head of Fundraising
Paid Leave: 25 days plus bank holidays
Salary: Depending on experience. Reward package includes pension.
Sentebale works with disadvantaged children and young people in Lesotho and Botswana – which have the second and third highest prevalence rates of HIV in the world respectively.
The charity was founded by Prince Harry from the British Royal family and Prince Seeiso from the Lesotho Royal family and both Patrons are deeply passionate about the welfare of children, particularly those affected by the HIV epidemic.
The postholder will provide support to the whole team, covering a range of responsibilities to ensure the smooth running of the UK office. This is a very diverse role and it requires a strong ability to multi-task, a willingness and interest in getting involved with a wide variety of tasks, and a flexible level-headed attitude.
- Taking responsibility for finance processing which will include developing expertise in Sage/Xero
- Monitoring bank, credit card and petty cash transactions and carrying out reconciliations
- Processing purchase and sales invoices
- Monitoring income and maintaining donations spreadsheet report
- Assisting with salaries and pensions
- Gift Aid returns
- Supporting Sentebale’s fundraising team by focussing on and managing individual, community giving and school partner fundraising activities
- Monitor individual giving income targets and provide regular progress reports and updates to the Head of Fundraising
- Compose thank you letters, answer individual giving queries and prepare packs of information
- Manage Sentebale’s challenge events and participants
- Work with the Marketing and Communications team to create fundraising campaigns focussed on our individual givers and format and write Sentebale’s quarterly newsletter
- Work with the Marketing and Communications team on Salesforce to ensure the effective growth and management to the Sentebale database
- Work with the fundraising team to research prospects, in particular trusts and foundations to create an application pipeline
- Monitor reporting timelines and assist in reporting to donors
- Support events through logistics, event management, sponsorship support, drafting invoices and other ad hoc items
- Dealing with all enquiries via phone, email and letter
- Responsible for smooth running of office, including sourcing and managing suppliers and managing IT provision
- Building expertise in Salesforce (Sentebale’s database) and taking responsibility for data entry
- Supporting the Executive Assistant as and when required e.g. drafting presentations, briefings, letters
- Maintaining a good working relationship with the Lesotho and Botswana Offices, to ensure constant clear communication between the two offices.
- Any other duties as designated by the Chief Executive and commensurate with the post.
- Professional, confident and confidential with an exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal, at all levels and strong presentation and writing skills
- An aptitude to research and present information
- Self-confident, with ability to take the initiative and work to deadlines
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and experience of managing donor information on fundraising databases
- Excellent networking skills and the ability to represent Sentebale face to face, by phone, at external events and donor cultivation events
- Ability to travel when required
- Ability to work autonomously as well as with a team
- An interest in supporting children and developmental issues
- Degree, diploma or equivalent
- Interest in International Development
- Experience of working in a development charity
- Experience of working in a small team
Hours of Work: Monday-Friday 9-5.30pm
If you are interested in applying for this role, please submit your CV with a supporting cover letter to email@example.com
Thursday 6th July, 17.00.
First round interviews will take place on Wednesday 12th of July and the second round, final interviews on Monday 17th of July.
Work permits are required for UK based posts by all non-EC nationals. You therefore need to have the right to work in the UK in order to apply for this post; proof of this right will be required before any offer of employment is made.
If you would like to receive information from Sentebale please register for our updates.
We do not currently have any volunteer opportunities available at Sentebale.
If you are interested in volunteering or working in international development, visit World Service Enquiry, where you’ll find lots of useful information and advice. If you are aged 18-25, VSO offers voluntary youth projects in many different countries around the world.